Chard School has a very active and enthusiastic ‘Friends’ organisation, which organises a diverse range of social and fund-raising activities throughout the year, which include the Christmas Fair and the Summer Fair, film mornings and the annual pantomime trip.
Who are the ‘Friends’ of Chard School?
All parents, teachers, governors and helpers are Friends of Chard School but they are represented by a committee of parents who have volunteered their help. The Committee is made up of a Chairperson, Vice Chairperson, Secretary and Treasurer together with up to 10 other members, who will hopefully be representative of all age groups across the school.
What do the ‘Friends’ of Chard School do?
1. Develop more extended relationships between staff, parents and others associated with Chard School.
2. Engage in fundraising and organising of social events, the proceeds of which assist in the provision of such facilities, opportunities and items of education which the committee in consultation with the Head feel appropriate to advance the overall education of the pupils of Chard School i.e. the icing on an already delicious cake!
How have funds been spent in recent years?
- Maintenance of the Astroturf
- Contribution towards school plays
- Contribution to themed days at school
- Pantomime subsidy
- Yearly subscription to ‘The Week Junior’
- New lab coats
- New chairs in the IT lab
- A new PA system and microphone
- PE equipment
- New cookers/hobs/baking & cooking equipment
- New musical instruments
- New reading books
- New sandpit for the playground
- Contribution towards Pre-Prep Outdoor Classroom
- Contribution towards travel for Forest School
Without everyone’s support these amazing achievements for the school simply wouldn’t have been possible… Thank you!
Would you like to get involved?
New committee members are always welcome and even if you don’t feel you have the time to become a committee member, we are always looking for ‘Friends’ friends’; people who we can call upon to man the teapot, or help with a stall at the Summer and Christmas Fairs. Any help is always very much appreciated, as they say… ’many hands make light work!’
If you would like to join the friends, help in any way or have any suggestions for the committee please do get in touch via email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Diary Dates 2021
- Easter Raffle – closing date for purchasing tickets 24th March
- Summer Fair – 26th June
2020-2021 Committee Members
TREASURER: Neil Mayfield
COMMITTEE MEMBERS: Trevor Thomas, Anna Lightfoot, Sally Laing, Katie Hill, Paula Sowerbutts, Charlotte Eve, Lucinda Eames, Samantha Wootten, Louise White, Helene Lindsay, Eleanor Wentzell & Antonia Poole.